This architecturally-designed property provides the perfect balance between modern luxuries and sustainable country living. The rammed earth and straw bale home is individual and inspiring, full of originality with its use of multi-faceted organic materials and stacked with top end appliances, fittings and fixtures. When you’re surrounded by soft textured rammed earth walls, high ceilings, polished concrete and bamboo floors, your senses are immediately filled with a contentment of total well-being that only a home like this a can provide.
Set on a private park-like 5 acres with beautiful mature native trees, a creek, fruit orchard and bore with sparkling drinkable water your pristine property is set up and ready for you to enjoy.
The large North facing courtyard is the hub of the home and the perfect place for the family to gather and enjoy the stunning uninterrupted rural views.
An ethereal, inviting calmness pervades throughout the home resonating deeply with the senses at both an intellectual and spiritual level. Hand crafted in 2009 the home was a finalist in the 2010 BPN Sustainability Awards and features in the influential book, “Warm House Cool House” by renowned Australian architect Nick Hollo.
• 9.5 star energy rating (without bonuses applied) achieved through its northerly aspect, the high thermal mass rammed earth walls and insulating rendered straw bale walls, polished concrete and bamboo floors and skillion ceilings up to 4.7 m
• Set on a plentiful, peaceful and fully-fenced for 5 acres perfect for horses and livestock with potable bore, timber gazebo, native trees, fruit orchard, chicken coop, sandstone fire pit and seats, and meandering creek
• Chef’s kitchen with Miele appliances (moisture plus oven, steam combination oven, convection microwave and dishwasher), 6 burner Highland gas cooktop, walk in pantry and large portable island bench
• The high-quality fitting and fixtures continue beyond the kitchen with Caesarstone benchtops and soft close Blum cabinetry throughout the large 4 bedroom and 3 bathroom home
• Eco friendly with solar hot water, energy-efficient lighting, low E glass, low VOC materials and finishes throughout
• Rainwater harvesting with 50,000 L water storage, on-site biological effluent treatment system
• Ducted reverse-cycle air-conditioning, wine cellar, storage room
• Two huge raised garden beds and established fruit trees including lime, meyer lemon, lemonade, blood orange, kaffir lime, mandarin, grapefruit, pomegranate, nectarine, mulberry and avocado
• Shed 10 x 6 m + 5m x 6m annex with 3 phase power and concrete slab
• Only 3 minutes’ drive to the country community of Dayboro with its cafes, restaurants, school, parks & the famous “Dayboro Pub” and bakery!