Where the laneway runs out and the rainforest begins you will find this rare opportunity to secure a cozy sanctuary with the option to build your dream home or a weekend retreat! This is a home of complete solitude; towering rainforest trees, tree ferns and the natural inhabitants greet you as you arrive.
The owner’s clever use of space and style are showcased to perfection in this whimsical converted shed has been transformed into an ‘uber cool’ rainforest retreat. Fitted out comfortably in an open plan style this unique property features beautifully restored French doors & windows, timber flooring, slow combustion fire place for cozy winter nights and a country style kitchen with SMEG gas cooktop, electric oven, dishwasher & a huge walk in pantry.
Adding to the properties versatility are the established fruit trees and organic vege patches providing the basis of an amazing edible garden.
Only 15 minutes to Samford or just under 55 minutes to the Brisbane CBD this property offers the perfect environment to relax and unwind on the edge of the rainforest and leave the stress of the city far behind, while the kids enjoy the freedom that only mountain living provides. Embrace the local community and enjoy the numerous activities, cafes and galleries which make this mountain truly glorious.
• 12m x 6m fully insulated Colourbond shed (not currently council approved as livable dwelling)
• Open plan kitchen, living and dining with beautifully restored French doors, slow combustion fireplace and high ceilings
• Country style kitchen with timber benchtops, SMEG gas cooktop, electric oven, dishwasher and huge walk in pantry + ample storage
• Family bathroom featuring shower and beautifully tiled vanity
• Queen size master bedroom with French doors and mirrored built in robe
• Additional single bedroom with mirrored built in robe
• ADSL2 internet
• Electric hot water
• Partially screened internally
• Attic storage space
• Separate utility room easily accessed from the main shed
• 10,000 gallon (45,000L) underground concrete water tank
• North facing covered outdoor pergola
• 1,234 sqm of private rainforest
• Fully fenced and level house yard perfect for your kids and pets
• Fire pit for entertaining
• Large cleared building site at the rear of the property
• 20m wide street frontage
• Positioned towards the end of a quiet, no-through street
• Minutes to D’Aguilar National Park, restaurants and cafes, and bush walks
• 1 minute walk to school bus stop (Mt. Nebo primary & The Gap state high schools)
Edible Gardens include
• Lemon, Lime, Nectarine, passionfruit, pomegranate, avocado, banana, kaffir lime & pineapple
• Celery, parsnips, rosemary, lemon grass, sorrel, Warrigal greens, thyme, zucchini, broccoli, jalapeno chili, parsley, chive, tomatoes, silver beet and olive